March 10, 2010

Update - A Little Slow Sorry!

Well, here I am with another update - I know some of you know this and some of you probably have been checking in and I've been slow and haven't updated! I went to the Dr on Monday as a follow up from being in the hospital on Friday. My blood pressure was high again - so he put me on bed rest. He diagnosed me with Gestational Hypertension - basically pregnancy is causing high blood pressure in the hypertension stage. I do not have Preeclampsia or Toxemia - although my high blood pressure could still be a sign that I am headed that way. The last blood panel I had taken while I was at the hospital showed that my protein levels are extremely low and he told me I need to do everything in my power to get them up so that I do not have to have a blood transfusion at the time of delivery. He gave me a different anti-nausea medication hoping that it will help. It has helped a little bit but I try to only take it at night because it causes me to be very sleepy - and it typically takes a couple of hours after I wake up to shake the really weird feeling off. I found a vitamin that gives me heartburn but I am able to keep it down - which is amazing considering most pills like that last in my system for about 15 minutes before they come back up. I am trying really hard to get as much protein and iron into my system as I can without getting sick - it has definitely been a BIG chore. The baby is perfectly healthy she is getting all of the nutrients and leaving me with nothing - but I'm glad she's healthy. I had, had a dull headache all day yesterday and when we went in to town to pick up some chicken for dinner I took my blood pressure at Lin's. It was 149/99 - that is the highest it has ever been - so we headed over to the Dr's office - I just wanted to ask them at what point do they consider it too high or "dangerous". Well they sent me right back to a room to check my blood pressure again - they checked it a few times for about 20 minutes and it was all in the 140's and 90's. Dr Sanders decided that it would be best if I come in every day to do blood pressure tests - they also hooked me up to a non-stress test to make sure that there were no dips in the baby's heartbeat due to stress from my high blood pressure. I have to have another non-stress test on Saturday to make sure that everything is still ok. I have my regular Dr's appointment on Friday - but obviously I will be spending alot of time there! We're really trying to make it to 37 weeks after that the baby is considered term and we'll be fine and most likely she will not have any lung trouble. He said that if my blood pressure does not come down with the bed rest and what not we might deliver as soon as I hit 37 weeks - so on Tuesday we could very well have a baby! (Happy Birthday to Me!!) I'm still battling the GERD - which is part of the reason my Protein has dropped so low (as MOST of you know I eat a TON of chicken - so protein has never been an issue for me!!) We're just taking it one day at a time from here on out. I have still been having contractions every day and the Dr told me that if I do go into labor again he will not stop me - we will just have a baby. Anyways, that is the update for now - we will see how things go!! :) Thanks everyone for your prayers, thoughts & concerns I have definitely been comforted by them!

3 comments:

  1. wow, I bet you're not in any hurry to do this again. It will be over soon and then you'll have a wonderful little baby to comfort you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confused, your post says you could have your baby Tuesday @37 weeks, but your baby tickers says you will be 39+ weeks. Maybe I am reading it wrong???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dr just scheduled me today to have my C-Section on Friday I just updated my ticker to my C-Section date I will only be 37 weeks when I deliver - my due date is not until April 6th.

    ReplyDelete