Well you all know how incredibly lucky I have been this pregnancy - ya know with everything that has been going on. :) LOL Anyways I went to the hospital yesterday and got my Pre-Op package filled out & taken care of - I got all my registration paperwork filled out and what not - visited with the Pre-Op nurse for a while after my blood pressure tests at the Dr. I was told be there no later than 5 AM - baby will be delivered at approximately 7 AM. So here I am - it's finally THE day - all I can think is wow this is ACTUALLY going to happen!! I received a phone call - saw the number and knew it was the hospital. I figured it was the Pre-Op nurse telling me something that she forgot or reminding me of the things we went over earlier that day - she said she might call me. But guess what - that was NOT it! It was a nurse from Labor & Delivery she called to tell me that as of the moment they were COMPLETELY full - they had 1 room that was open but it was only for emergencies - and seeing as how I was NOT an emergency they might have to postpone my delivery. I'm thinking - ICK that really sucks but I was trying to be understanding. They told me to call the hospital in the morning before I left - well I didn't get much sleep last night - had heartburn really bad and got sick a couple of times so I called at 4 AM. The charge nurse gets on the phone and she says "I am SO sorry hun we do not have ANY room" it was a little disheartening... but honestly what do you do? So I told her ok how long will it be postponed & what do I need to do yata yata yata - she told me that Dr Sanders felt sooooo bad that he wanted to call me after his 3 AM delivery this morning and tell me himself. They rescheduled me for tomorrow morning - which was so AWESOME of him not to make me wait until Monday - he was on call last week and him and 2 other Dr's in his office rotate weekends so it's not his weekend to work but he wants to help me out and I appreciate that ALOT! I have to be there at 5 AM again ... but it will be well worth it to have this over with! :) I know she'll come when it's her time - and God will make sure of that but dang I was not expecting that! I have to go in for my daily blood pressure checks today - and then I have to go to the hospital for my non-stress test & I'm going to triple check at how many rooms they will have open! LOL - The charge nurse told me that there should be 6 women discharging today - all of these spring babies were just ready to come out!
Funny story: The afternoon - after I had been admitted with Addi this very same thing happened - I had 5 nurses tell me how lucky I was to get a room! They were having to send people home to labor longer because they did not have enough room for all of the people that were there & coming in. Within 24 hours of being admitted there were I believe 16 babies that were delivered. That is ALOT of babies!!! So now Kambri has an ironic connection with her sister ! :) I love it!
Anyways, crossing my fingers that tomorrow it will be the real deal - and the inn being full will NOT be an issue! I know it won't be too much longer no matter what - Dr Sanders told me that Kambri's lungs being a tad bit underdeveloped was a lot better than me developing full on Preeclampsia... and he thinks that is the way it is headed. My blood pressure readings over the past 2 days have been better than they have been in the last 2 1/2 - 3 weeks... but they still aren't "normal". Wish us luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment