December 18, 2012

1st Dr Appointment & A Sick Baby

Well I technically wasn't supposed to have my Dr Appointment until January 2nd, but due to some unforseen complications I ended up at his office a few weeks early! They squoze me in first thing this morning and let me tell you what a morning it has been. Addi had her half birthday party today at school so I was trying to make it as special as I could. We bought cupcakes for the whole class (19 students) she dressed up and looked so cute. I had to send her on the bus at 7 because my appointment was at 8 so she had to take all those cupcakes with her on the bus! :) Well as I was getting Addi ready I heard Kam coughing... followed by Kam puking... yeah not what I was expecting at all. She very unexpectedly got sick.. I had to put her in the bath really quick and wash her down and while I was getting her dressed she threw up again. Not exactly how I pictured my morning going! So we got her cleaned up and dressed and headed off to my Dr appointment. The ride over she got sick again so I had to clean her up again before we went into the Dr. She seemed fine while we were in the waiting room and then we headed back and they put me in the ultrasound room. What a sigh of relief to see that beautiful baby and hear that heartbeat - 152 BPM such an incredible sound! I of course started crying because it put all my fears at ease and then I sat up and started talking to the Dr and Kam got sick again. Dr Sanders is such a good Dr because he was so concerned for her and told me to call her Dr and get her taken care of because he was worried! We got her (and the ultrasound room) all cleaned up and just kept my original appointment to come back on January 2nd. As soon as we pulled into the driveway Kam got sick again and then once more about 15/20 minutes after that. So I went ahead and called her Dr and took her in they said it's just a stomach bug that's going around and usually only lasts 24/48 hours. They stuck her on Zofran and tested her for strep (because she has a pretty nasty throat) and sent us on our way... thank heavens for amazing Dr's and modern medicine! She's keeping everything down and has a little more bounce in her step - makes for one happy momma to know ALL of my babies are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment