This Thanksgiving was a lot different than what we are used to - my mom flew to Texas for the week & spent Thanksgiving with Candyce & her family. So I tried to fill in wherever she would've - I made the potato salad, (which in my opinion tasted similar to my mom's! :) ) macaroni salad, deviled eggs & a Cinnamon Roll Cake. :) Shari made the stuffing, shrimp & the vegetables. Karen took care of the turkey - which was a lot different than we've ever had it before - but everyone still seemed to enjoy it. And Gramma took care of the ham, potatoes, gravy & rolls. Addi made the Jello salad, fudge & a pumpkin pie. My gramma sure put her to work & she loved EVERY second of it. :) She spent all night in the kitchen with her - I think gramma loved it as much as Addi did. It was also very weird not getting up at 2 AM to go Black Friday shopping - Shari & I braved the crowds later on in the day but definitely didn't go anywhere before 10. :) The day went a little something like this........
Addi & I got up & ready by 9:30 Shari text me & said she didn't feel well so she would just meet me at the movie theater before the show started (we were taking the kids to see Tangled). So I decided me & Addi would hit a couple of the stores before the movie started. Well as I left Gramma's house I decided I would stop by Shari's & pick up Justin so she had time to get ready - so we stopped by & picked him up then went to JoAnn's to look at a few things. We got there around 10:30 and it was INSANE - the line was out the door people had fabric piled so high they couldn't see out of their carts - so I checked out the pricing on a couple of things I was looking at & took the kids back to the truck. It was about 10:45 by then so I decided I would head over to the movie theater to buy the tickets early - so we headed to Stadium 10. I parked & went to the ticket booth - the guy next to me asked for 15 tickets & the lady in front of me asked for 10 tickets to the same show I was going to. I was like "wow, that's a lot of tickets!!" I got up there and said "2 adults & 1 child for the 1:30 show." .... Sold Out..... "ok 2 adults & 1 child for the 3:30 show." .... Sold Out.... The earliest we can get you in is at 5:45. Well Addi was going with her dad at 5 so we couldn't go to that show so I just told the guy that's ok nevermind. So I jump in the truck & Addi has tears in her eyes & she says "Mom, you promised we could go today. Do we not get to anymore?" Ahhhhhh guess I need to be Super mom!!! So I headed over to Sunset Stadium it was around 11:30 by this time. So I get there jump out ... run over & say "I need 2 adults & 1 child for the 1:00 show. You're not sold out are you?" ... Nope we have lots of tickets! YES!!!!! So she hands me the tickets & then shoves the 3-D glasses through the window...... Justin HATES the 3-D movies so I was like oh great - Shari might not want to go now. So I called Shari up & said "Ummmm good news! I got tickets - bad news it's 3-D....." She told me that was ok so I relaxed & decided that I would need to be there about 45 minutes before the show started. so I had about 30 minutes before we needed to be back at the theater so I just decided to go to the Western Headquarters store that was right down the street to see if they had any sales. So I get the kids out & walk through the door..... Justin takes off running (he loves that store) so does Addi.... she's off to find the toys. I look at a total of 3 shirts & Addi comes running over to me and says "MOM!!! I have to go.... like NOW!" Well they don't have a bathroom in there so I just said "Fine, we'll just go back to the movie theater." So I catch Justin load them back into the truck & we head back up to the theater. I get Addi into the bathroom & Justin is runs down the isle & starts banging all the stall doors open with his hands.... funny but not at the same time. I round him up & decide to go before the movie starts too..... he of course giggles & finds this really funny - which in turn has a couple of other people in the bathroom laughing as well. :) We get out of the bathroom and head to the concession stand to order treats. Then as I'm ordering treats I start to wonder how I'm going to carry all of this and keep Justin contained..... A X-Large Popcorn - 2 X-Large Drinks - An Order of Nachos - 2 Kids packs & a bag of licorice...... so I figure out a method & we decide to go stand in line - I figured the kids could snack while we were waiting. I set everything down and sat the kids down & I thought man we are doing good we are only the 3rd group of people in line - so there were a total of like 7 people in front of us. (Little did I know the 3 people in front of us was actually 25.....) So we finally sit down & have really good seats - & Addi has to go to the bathroom again :) story of my life! We finally got settled in and the movie was AWESOME - I highly recommend it! Well after we got out we had a couple of hours to kill before Addi had to go with Jake so we decided to go to the mall. We get to the mall & after shopping for a little bit in Dillard's Addi proceeds to tell me how hungry she is and how she "needs" a pretzel. So we take the kids down & get pretzels & drinks. Well I was telling Shari about hair bows being cheap at Claire's so we headed down to check it out - well it was so full that we couldn't even get through the door so we were walking back. Well we saw this new store that we had never been in & decided to go well while we were in there Addi accidentally dumped her entire cup of pretzels & the cheese all over their floor. :) So I cleaned up all of the pretzels & the cheese & we headed back down to pretzel time to get her another. By the time we were done with that we had time to go into Sear's for about 10 minutes before it was time for me to pack up Addi to go meet Jake. So we decide that we're going to go to Christensen's after I drop Addi off - I drop her off & head over there & Shari calls & said that Justin fell asleep so she is just going to go home. Ha ha it was definitely a crazy black friday.... where I got a whole bunch of nothing done. :) ha ha ha





No comments:
Post a Comment