August 15, 2013

1 Month

I cannot believe Aria is already 1 month old! Time really does fly especially since I want to hold on to her little “baby-ness” as long as I possibly can! Luckily she was a little baby and has continued to stay that way so I’ll be able to enjoy her baby moments for a little while longer! At 1 month she weighs 7 Pounds 13 Ounces which is still smaller than Addi was the day she was born!  I was worried when I took her in for her 2 week appointment because she had gone from 6 Pounds 14 Ounces to 6 Pounds 10 Ounces and wasn’t gaining very fast (which is new to me). The Dr likes them to be back up to birth weight by 2 weeks and so he had me go in for an extra “weigh in” to see where her progress was and luckily she has made some! She is starting to become more alert and stay awake a little longer but for the most part she LOVES her sleep. She sleeps probably 21-22 Hours out of the day just stays awake for a while after bath time and during feedings – but she’s a pro at eating while she sleeps too! She’s the messiest eater I have ever seen at least 1/2 of an ounce runs down her face during every eating although she has gotten better she’s still messy.

Addi loves to hold her, sing to her, walk around with her and bug her while she’s sleeping…  She is so sweet she likes to feed her, help give her baths and even changes her every once in a while! (No I don’t ask…) Kambri loves to hold her and kiss her but the second she cries she is shoving her right back at you saying “She’s crying here!” Jake loves taking naps with her (ha ha) so I’m always finding them snoozing on the couch together. Me? Well she’s just my little buddy we do laundry together, watch TV together, work together & eat together.  I hate getting up at 2:30 AM but seeing her cute little smiles and her excited faces are well worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment