On Saturday Jake & I headed down to Vegas for the George Strait concert. We got there a little early so we could go to Babies R Us before we checked into our motel have to get ideas for furniture! :) After we got done shopping we headed back to the strip to check into the motel. We've stayed at the Luxor the last few times we've been in Vegas because they've had good rates and nice rooms.... but it's pretty bad when you know where everything is in a motel because you've stayed there so often! :) After we got checked in and got ready we headed to dinner at our new favorite place to eat the PBR Rockbar & Grill with some friends. I love this place and recommend it to everyone they have good food, good prices and a good atmosphere, really fun place to go. After dinner we walked from the restaurant to the MGM to go to the concert, there are always the most fascinating people standing on the strip... never a dull moment!
Martina McBride was opening again for George this year and she is just incredible. I've always loved her music but it wasn't until I saw her in concert last year that I realized how incredibly talented she is! She did a completely different set this year and did a lot of cover songs which was a lot of fun but my favorite was when she sang "Free Falling" by Tom Petty.
George of course was spectacular he decided to sing a lot of songs that were off of his first 2 or 3 records from the early 80's most of which I had never heard so it was a lot of fun to hear something different! Not sure if that was honestly his "last" tour or not but I'm glad we got to see him again just in case it was!




No comments:
Post a Comment