March 14, 2012

Book Fair/Fundraiser

Last week Addi's school had their annual book fair - they were raising money to buy the kids new playground equipment. I invited my parents along for the ride and we all went and had hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, lemonade and of course COTTON CANDY!! :) They did a scavenger hunt (which was a lot harder than I think it should've been... just FYI) and Addi was able to pick out quite a few new books. It was a lot of fun - we got there pretty late because I thought it started at 5 and really it started at 3 (don't worry I wrote down 3 just mentally jotted 5) but it was still fun and between my parents & us we made a pretty decent donation. I love our little community functions they are a lot of fun and it's good to get out & do things with the family. This was also SEP week so I might as well do Addi's "brag post" here... we definitely have one very smart girl on our hands! Jake & I are both very pleased with her teacher Mrs. Mathews she is very nice and definitely has a way with the kids. Addi is almost in a first grade reading level & she is doing phenominal in math, the girl will literally count ANYTHING & EVERYTHING! Her writing is excellent and the only thing she really needs to work on is her sentences... which I consider pretty dang good for a Kindergartner. Her teacher loves her willingness to help & what a bright, happy student she is - I was pretty happy to hear that she only pushed the teachers buttons once and after a minor consequence has never done it again. (I'm not proud of the button pushing just pleased that she can learn from her mistakes) She will definitely be promoted in May & we'll be looking forward to 1st grade next year! (All day!!) She has definitely blossomed this last year & it's just a joy watching her grow - love you Miss Addi!



No comments:

Post a Comment