September 6, 2010

Labor Day Parade

Well we had the labor day parade today & it was a lot of fun! We got there at about 9:30 (the parade started at 10) & we loaded all of the kids onto the trailer. Well I didn't realize how many floats were actually in the parade or else I think things might have gone a little bit differently! We were float #44 out of 100+ floats..... needless to say that is the LONGEST parade I have ever seen/been to! The girls were cold (you can feel fall in the air!) & they were pretty antsy by the time we actually got moving. I stayed with the girls because I could see the teachers were way busy helping the older girls practice their dance & getting everything else ready! So all of the girls were tapping me "Hey, You!... When is it our turn?" & "Hey lady with the blue shirt! Are we next?" ha ha I heard this for a good 45 minutes - we sat there for a total of 1.5 hours before we finally got to move! Then I did a brisk walk on the sidewalk with the float so that the girls would remember to smile & wave - they were looking more like a funeral procession than a clogging company in a parade! :) They did so good considering how long they had to sit & wait cold, thirsty & bored! After the float got to the end we watched about 15 more floats got some candy then headed off the fair. We checked out the craft building & the lego "art" stuff - there were some amazing things there! Then we ate & headed over to the carnival - she rode on 4 rides - my dad & I rode on the "Berry-Go-Round" with her it was fun. She also climbed the rock wall & made it all the way to the top - she fell a little bit at the beginning but then just booked it right on up! She did so awesome :) she didn't freak out or anything. (I posted the video on facebook once again cause it's a faster upload!)



Waiting to get started on the float!
All of the girls! (Minus the older girls that they were watching dance!)


Riding the train




This is a seed mural - everything you see on there is a seed/branch



Addi & the pig


Addi in the bounce house


Addi on the ship


In the fighter jets


Rollercoaster


Me, My Dad & Addi (she's in there I swear) on the "Berry-Go-Round"


Climbing the wall


Coming down!


Horse races


Go horsies go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment