Ok so my Mom & I have been kind of on a craft kick lately.... we've wanted to take our craft "skills" to the next level! I haven't made anything as of yet but I definitely have the itch to do so & I will be participating in this new "craze" very, very soon! This is the very first of many ideas that we have! Shari (my Sister-In-Law) bought a carseat carrier cover from a lady for $30 we were discussing how simple the pattern was & that we could've made it for so much cheaper than that! So we decided.... we're going to find a pattern and make one just to see how much time & effort it took. Well while I was doing some researching online I found one that was the "shag" block blanket type selling on eBay for $75! $75.00...... ARE YOU JOKING ME!!! So I showed it to my mom & she said oh my heck that looks like a pretty easy thing to do & we had the John Deere material left over from when we made the "shag" block blanket for Addi (I'm calling it this for lack of a better name) . So we ordered the pattern but we couldn't wait for it to get here she just tried it on her own.... and OH MY GOSH HOW CUTE!!!! :) We found some really neat ideas online to make them unique & fun. The pictures below is what she came up with - I myself am waiting for the pattern to get here and then I will make one up out of some really cute material that I found. We decided that maybe we should go into the business of making these.... My mom is working on this adorable blanket right now & I'll post pictures of that when she's done. My project is a wooden shelf that I bought to turn it into a key holder (because Trevor CONSTANTLY misplaces his keys... I'm hoping to cut down on that issue)! And then I am going to make him a container to put all of his sunglasses in so they won't take up the entire top of my fridge! :) (I'll post pictures of those when I'm done as well... I have the stuff to make it just haven't had a chance to work on it yet).


How cute Kalli that'll be a very fun project to learn and make.
ReplyDeleteThat is darling!!! we always wanted to get Trevor a clapper for his keys so we could find them when he went into panic mode. Good luck with the sunglass I still have a few pair of his at my house.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Mom on both the Sunglasses and the keys. My favorite was everytime he found them in the shoes he'd had on the day before! I'm sure you're creations are going to be awesome. Plus you are the wife and have more pull about things getting done.
ReplyDeleteI love the Shag! It's so cute and I totally think you could go into the business! The flowers are such a cute touch!