The day before Thanksgiving I decided to take a pregnancy test, thinking that it was going to be negative like all the others before that. Jake and I decided we wanted to expand our family back in April and had been unsuccessful up until this point. Well after i took the test I shook my head when I could immediately see the second line. I left the bathroom and came back 5 minutes later thinking it had just been wishful thinking and the line would be gone.... but it was still there. So I text Jake and said when you get a minute maybe you should call me. So he called and I told him he should probably come home because we needed to talk. He came home after a call and I took him in the bathroom and said Congrats you're going to be a daddy again! He did a double take and said "Wow that second line is way darker than last time!" See we had a faint positive a few months ago but i miscarried so we were trying to be cautiously optimistic this time. Well the next day I bought 2 more tests and took another one Thanksgiving morning, it was positive as well. On Friday I bought the digital ones that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" and when I got home I took it seeing those words "Pregnant" really finalized it for me. I called the Dr Monday morning and set up an appointment but also asked if I could get a blood test done just to be sure since I had a couple of false positives. So they ordered me the test and I went later that day and got my blood drawn. Tuesday morning my Dr sent me an e-mail with my test results that said "Congratulations on your new Pregnancy! We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment." So 5 positive home tests and 1 positive blood test later we are looking to welcome Baby Hoyt into the world in July 2013! We couldn't be more excited to complete our family.


No comments:
Post a Comment