September 7, 2012

Hogle Zoo

On Sunday we went to the Hogle Zoo and it was absolutely perfect weather! The kids and I had so much fun watching the Polar Bear - I think that was by far everyone's favorite exhibit. That Polar Bear certainly had a lot of personality! He would swim from the bank to the glass come nose to nose with the kids then push off the glass with his back paws and do a backstroke back to the bank. I was glad I got some good shots of him nose to nose with Addi - she thought that was the coolest thing ever! We went to the bird show which all of the kids loved and I let Addi use my camera during the show - so all of the bird shots you see below she took by herself! I was very impressed with some of the shots she got - but I also had to sort through 600 pictures because she took so many! We had fun riding the train (even though it was the shortest ride I have ever been on) and it was really cool because in a couple of weeks the train is going to be gone. They are building an African Safari (which I'm excited for) and so they are taking out the train and the Discovery Land to build it. They had the hula hoops out by the front and all of the kids stopped and did the hula before we got on the train. We always have so much fun at the Hogle Zoo and I can honestly say it is MUCH better than the San Diego Zoo :) .


























No comments:

Post a Comment