March 22, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Kambri!

Well.... My baby is now 1... where on earth did that year go?! This past year has been very eventful - so many things have happened in your first year of life little girl & we are so incredibly blessed to have you! I still cannot believe how time has flown by.... I remember a year ago laying in a hospital bed fighting to get better so I could be the best mom in the world to you & Addi. :) Thank heavens it all worked out! You are SO opinionated - you know what you want & you will use any means necessary to get it. (I'm working with you on that.....) You still don't like to cuddle much but if I say "Awwwwww" you will put your head on my chest & say "Awwww" too.... even if it is just for a second I love those sweet moments. You are into EVERYTHING - absolutely NOTHING is safe around you.... everything is immediately put in your mouth - whether it looks edible or not. I had to go around the house & take the ends off of the doorstoppers because you were constantly taking them off and putting them in your mouth. Rocks, dirt, plants, hair bows, toys, dog treats... are just a fraction of the things I have retreived from that little mouth of yours. You are still refusing to walk.... or stand unless something is in front of you - we're working on that - I know once you get it you will catch on so fast & you will be EVERYWHERE! (Only this time on 2 legs instead of on all 4's) 

Yesterday I took you to the Dr for your 1 year exam - you showed the Dr. you have a very bold personality! :) You are 22 lbs. 4 oz & you are 31.75 inches, you are tall & slimming down! You are still in the 99% for your height.... you are definitely going to be a tall girl just like your sister! You are currently wearing 18 month clothes - all of the 12 month stuff is too short on you. (Looks like you are wearing Kapri's & 3/4 length t-shirts - instead of pants & long sleeves like they were intended to be!)

Some of your favorite foods include - Pancakes, Alfredo, Spaghetti, Mac & Cheese (pretty much any pasta dish), Top Ramen, Bread, Hashbrowns, Ice Cream, Oranges (with Poppa), Apples (taken from sister...) & Goldfish!
You still eat fruit & dessert baby food - thank heavens cause I still have a lot left over! You also finally love juice & last night you figured out how to drink out of ANY straw - not just some.

You are so funny & such a joy to have around - we couldn't imagine life without you! Love you Little Tornado! :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having a later birthday party so I could share in it. It means so much to me. Your new home is wonderful and your girls adorable just like their mom.Love you all bunches and bunches.

    ReplyDelete